Saturday, January 24, 2009

Class TV Channel made easy!

For a while now I've been researching a way to have a class TV channel, on which we can add video's, images and news items.

I've been on various workshops to schools like Point England and others that have their own TV channel. (You can find more on the NZ Learning Channel.) I've also learnt to use Mogulus, which I find quite hard to get my head around. At last I've found something which is easy, quick and most of all practical to use in class with Year 5 students: WorldTV!

Here's a look at how I'll be welcoming my class on the first day, using our brand-new class channel, SparkleTV:



It's still under construction, but it gives you an idea of what can be done! I'm still trying to figure out how to convert the Keynote that I used for the intro, in such a way that it retains the audio. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Raenette

    Hey congrats on your first broadcast! I enjoyed watching it :+) I had a wee giggle at your finger man (couldn't remember his name) - especially his lips! How did you do that?! he he

    Thanks for sharing this cool tool. All the best for 2009 Raenette - I can see already that you are going to be a blessing to your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!MY!God! That power teaching is AMAZING!!! I love it!
    I loved the eraser story as well, what a great way to convey your ideas...
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete